Wednesday, July 2, 2008

W'burg -- Part I -- The Drive Down

This back seat might look like a mess after 16 hours...

But don't blame me because I was the driver!
Here S (the van driver) reacts after I told him he had been driving for close to 7 straight hours. I wish I had his rosy disposition. All the driving taxed us both to the point of exhaustion. They wheeled us to the villa on a luggage cart.
No rest for the weary, though, as the family pictures started. After being polite throughout the two day car ride, I could hold it in no longer. Here the rest of the women discuss the declining air quality as my guilty face says it all.
With that out of my system it was time to start the vacation! Eagle-eyed readers will note that my brother JC does make a brief appearence in this post. Can you find him?

5 comments:

Jaime said...

Where baby j was the whole trip--under his mama's ring-around-the-collar...holla!

Anonymous said...

can we PLEASE hurry and get these pictures up? i have been checking everyday!

aunt S

Anonymous said...

I really enjoyed the bit about the declining air quality, classic M.

Love, Aunt J

J.R. and Meg +3 said...

Glad you guys are back! Looks like M had a great time no matter what the situation. Hope everything went smoothly this year with 2 little ones!

Lauren in GA said...

I saw little brother JC in the second picture...riding shotgun, shall we say...

He wasn't behind the wheel though...because the would have been drinking and driving.

We got the birth announcement and LOVED it!!! Thank you for sending us one :)