Monday, July 7, 2008

W'burg -- Part III -- Busch/Water Country


A big welcome from Dragon Land in Busch Gardens!
At the slides, I waited at the top and held the line up. Here a big lug waits none too patiently for his turn on the slide. Soon after this shot, I received a push from his foot that sent me back to earth!

So I hear in NASCAR they only make left turns. On the Ladybug circuit, however, you only make right turns. Let's see Dale Jr make a right turn!


Ah yes! I came in numero uno in the race. That's number one for those who don't read Dora books.

After winning the race, I took a victory lap with my Cousin S. But I didn't rest for long...




I was soon back at the helm and racing water craft. Some hot shot drivers deal with clingy girlfriends. I deal with an overbearing father.


Here you can see after 400 laps, my competition (Cousin G) has given up!


It felt a little weird being the only one left in the race as my face below shows, but I completed it none the less.


I was a bit tuckered out after racing and when my dad led us to the FestHaus - I knew what we were in for. He quickly went about joining the German version of the Vanlig Matsmältningbesvär club (see 14 April 2008 post "They sell furniture at Ikea?"). Having seen this before, I went to sleep. Interestingly, in a show of sibling solidarity my brother also fell asleep despite not having been present at aforementioned Ikea.

After a nap we hit Water Country USA. Since my mom was not yet cleared for water sports I stand next to my Aunt J. Thanks for being my lifeguard Aunt J.





My dad sure didn't act like a lifeguard. Here he show's my mom that he is using no hands! Shaken by the experience I headed back to the gentle care of my Aunt J.







Water Country USA was so fun, I forgot to take my nap. My brother (already trying to steal favored child status from me) showed he can take his nap anywhere, anytime. I will not give up my title without a fight!

4 comments:

Lauren in GA said...

Those pictures were great, M!

I am so glad you stuck it out and finished the water craft race...I could tell from the start you were in it to win it!

Aunt J is the greatest!

Jaime said...

Ok I never signed on board for posting a pic in my swimsuit for the world (okay 5 people) that reads your blog. Lifegaurd yes, public humiliation, no.Although, if you suddenly get 44 comments, you'll know why.

Ava Nielson said...

Looks like your little bro is a GREAT sleeper! Glad you had a fun time at the water park!

J.R. and Meg +3 said...

Looks like tons of fun and M enjoyed it all I am sure! Once again though the commentary was superb to highlight the photos. JC surely is soaking it all in, man that boy can sleep!