Thursday, July 3, 2008

W'burg -- Part II -- Colonial Experience

Back in colonial times (the 80s when my dad was a kid) everyone worked harder. Instead of being pushed in the stroller -- kids pushed themselves. After shoving my stroller through the gravel and cobblestone streets of Colonial Williamsburg for a few blocks, I requested help from my cousin G who graciously helped me push the stroller the last few miles before lunch.




At lunch, I decry my aching feet and fail to hide my dislike for the limited amount of water.

Lucky for me, the afternoon consisted of us living like rich people during the colonial period. Instead of pushing my own stroller, a horse pulled me in a gigantic carriage. After the ride, I lovingly stroke the horse and thank the animal for it's hard work. Mo' Money Mo' Problems has never been further from the truth in this case.

Another perk of being a wealthy colonial involved receiving more water. Actually, my GGma from Utah shared her ration with me. I was very appreciative.

By the end of the day, my dad said we no longer had to pretend we were living in colonial times. I immediately asked to watch what the whole human population had been working towards since the days of yore--- the Doodlebops! In this picture, I have grabbed the camera to get my mom's attention and yelled "Moe!"


5 comments:

Jaime said...

Great photo of Gma--I only 2,literally 2 photos of her the whole trip...but I need you to email the one on your camera of them playing bingo, because that is one of the two and it was taken after you downloaded yours...

Sarah Walton said...

I'm glad you guys had such a great trip! Nice and relaxing, just like a trip should be!

Kathy Finch said...

our town is a very small town but the parade was still over an hour long! but the weather was great. the only thing that I hated was my legs got sore from standing -- I hope that I remember to bring a chair next year. You should tell your Mommy and Daddy to take you to see a parade THEY SELL COTTON CANDY THERE that is the best reason to go!!!!!

Lauren in GA said...

I am so glad you had a satisfying colonial experience. :)

You look adorable in the pictures, M!

I haven't heard the words, "Mo' money Mo' Problems" in quite a while!

The Robbs said...

We miss you guys SO much! Your hair is getting so long, you look so grown up. You sure have nice parents. The Doodlebops have been banned in Idaho.