Monday, July 14, 2008

Independence Day 2008

Sorry that I haven't updated the blog in a while --- I've been feeling under the weather -ugh!




Here I am decked out for my second July 4th celebration ever. Fireworks have nothing on my pigtails!




My brother was so excited for his first July 4th that he threw up.




Why include the unflattering picture of my brother? What can I say, this is payback for him taking every one of his naps during vacation!



Now that everyone was ready to go we headed downtown to take in the parade. It rained and, as you can see, I needed a sweatshirt.


Despite the poor weather, nothing could dampen our patriotic fervor. Here we wave flags in the rain gleefully while chewing on Tootsie Rolls thrown to us by the Fire Department. Go America!

2 comments:

Jaime said...

Thanks for updating...but a bigger and better thank you for the pigtails. Everyday! That girl should be in pigtails everyday--they are adorable!

Lauren in GA said...

I agree with Jaime! Those pigtails are so, so adorable!!!!!

I laughed out loud at M saying that JC was so excited about the 4th that he threw up. It brought back some memories of my sons.

M, that wasn't an unflattering picture of your little brother...I think he looks adorable!