Thursday, July 17, 2008

Doing Margery Williams Proud

"Zounds! Did you hear that?"


I crawled up the stairs and spotted my sister, M, busy making dinner for all of us, including my Aunt JKC.



Fed up with her Aunt JKC who kept saying no to the clam linguini and yes to the hot dog quesadilla, M appeared razzled.



Enough of this whining. She forced everyone into the car, including me! She said that a family outing would do all of us good. We headed to Utica to visit the Velvet Ice Cream Factory. My Aunt JKC rode in the back with me and M. What a trooper!



What is there to do at an Ice Cream Factory? A more appropriate question is what can't you do at an ice cream factory, chap! Here I lounge in complete comfort after catching every part of the root beer float that my dad dropped.

Where else can you be photographed next to a neapolitan corn cob? M was VERY impressed.


They also have the legions of animals needed to entertain ice cream eaters. Here is one of their newer employees who has only been on the job for a few weeks -- a real spring chicken.



This rabbit, though, had been working here much longer. In fact, he had been working here since his birth in 1995 making him...wait for it...the Velvet-Teen Rabbit. If you aren't impressed by the pun, you can at least be impressed with my reading level.

Thanks Aunt JKC for our trip to the Ice Cream Factory!


2 comments:

Lauren in GA said...

Aunt JKC is the best!!

I just have to say how impressed I am that you are already crawling...and that M can cook!

Jaime said...

I agree with L..the puns were nice but the crawling is SPECTACULAR!