Monday, September 29, 2008

Meet Boots

My oh my! Relatives from Utah sent me a Build-A-Bear gift card for my birthday and I finally put it to use. The closest shop was at Easton Towne (the extra "e" is for extravagence) Center. Here my dad says, "This is the funniest looking bear I have ever seen." After watching my dad destroy his hand getting a stroller earlier, and tired of his antics, I responded, "Be quiet and look at the camera!" He complied.


My new monkey friend was stuffed and given only one heart. I tried to stuff in multiple hearts but that is apparently illegal in Build-A-Bear land. Here I clutch the new monkey trying to comfort her as she was embaressed to be unclothed in public. We soon took care of the clothing problem by buying her a pair of sunglasses!



After clothing my new friend, we took advantage of the last nice weather of the season by going to the Fountaine (extra "e" for extravagence) at Easton. I was a bit nervous about the water at first, so I stood and watched for about a half an hour. Also, lately, my dad's back has been hurting and, therefore, whenever I need to stand anywhere I stand like this.



Eventually I let a little splash on me. Not bad!



And, eventually, I got sopping wet.

My brother, Clyde, for those who care, was there too. He stayed dry.


As the evening approached we headed back to the car. Here you can see me carrying my monkey (named Boots in honor of Dora's friend) in her condo back home...

Thank you tons Utahn's for your generosity!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

M- You lead such an exciting life. I can't wait to meet Boots!
Love,
Grandma C

Anonymous said...

ahh, Big M I am so glad that you do not have a back problem. I was concerned when I saw that photo.

Love, Aunt Ju-LA

Lauren in GA said...

My kids stand like that, too. I wonder if is because I walk around like that all of the time.

sooooo Cutee. I used and extra, "e" for extravagence :D

Jaime said...

Here is a tip: as cute as it is, don't get sucked into keeping the condo. First you have one, then 2, then 8 and you are overrun with condos. Nip it in the bud and just chuck it!