Sunday, September 21, 2008

Indian Summer Weekend

The last weekend of my first summer was spent visiting relatives in southwestern Virginia. Some people say that cheering for certain teams is "in your blood". Forget the Hokies...in my case, no one in the family can figure out why I was born a Cameroon football fan (soccer for you yankees). The terrible part about it is the time difference between the US and Central Africa. I have to wake up very early to catch the live match. Here you can see me alone, awake, and taking in the footie match under my team sponsored blanket on pay-per view in southwestern VA. Thanks in advance Grandpa J for footing the bill...Go Indomitable Lions!




After a rousing match, it was time to head back to bed - M would be up soon and I needed the energy to deal with her all day. You can always tell you're the second kid because you end up on a comforter on the floor. Despite this, I quickly fell asleep and started to dream of the half-priced slushies at Sonic during happy hour. You can't get those in Columbus.



The dream about slushies was so exciting that I slept through the visit to Aunt J and Uncle J's newly founded National Yorkie Poo Reserve in Radford, VA. While I was sleeping, my sister M learned about trampolines. It was originally purchased as exercise equipment for the doggies but M and S quickly found that other species could use it too.

I slept through the whole trampoline adventure---and the video seems unclear---what word is M repeating over and over?

6 comments:

Jaime said...

I don't know, but it is definitely NOT cheese!

Anonymous said...

I believe that M is using the Cameroon phrase that means, "I think I need a trampoline at my house." Go Indomitable Lions!
Grandma C

Lauren in GA said...

"Forget the Hokies" What?!

Well, you are adorable so I will let it slide ;)

Anonymous said...

I am pretty sure Big M is saying "Slushie, Slushie"

Love, Aunt Ju-LA

Katie G. said...

Duck, Duck, Goose???

Miss you M and J!

Bonnie said...

Cute kids! I'll happily check back often!:)
FYI: Kimball is in charge of our blog. What a man!