Sunday, April 27, 2008

Feeling Zooper

My parents said they wanted to take me out on my last day trip as an "only" child. I presume in a few days I will become the "one and only" child. Anyways, I chose the zoo. Early Saturday morning we packed up and headed out. The first place we went at the zoo was the barnyard section. This way I could see the same animals that I practice the sounds of so often. Here I am pictured in front of a sheep.




With the rain falling steadily, and the cacophony of animal smells my parents failed to notice my not so little "problem" until I had completely soaked through my clothes. I guess it was a few too many bananas for breakfast. The next place we went after the barn was the bathroom.


Whoops, I had tainted everything I was wearing including my jacket. Good thing my mom brought a jacket. In an effort to save the trip my mother went to the gift store and my dad and I headed to Asia. We saw lions and tigers and elephants. By that time my mom had returned with a new outfit for me.



Dressed once again and with the weather looking brighter, it looked like my mom had succeeded in saving the trip. Below, you can see my dad and I enjoying the fishies in the aquarium.



Seconds later, I made this face.



And then minutes later we were back in the bathroom after my second outfit destruction of the day. Back at home, my smiling mom holds up the bag of shame that we got to carry as we left the zoo.
The trip was a success in my view, because as I see it, my parents would be crazy to have another kid after I managed to turn an innocuous trip to the zoo into a poo-filled trash bag. I'm pretty sure I'll be the "one and only" for a while longer.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

The zoo trip sounds exciting!
Love,
Grandma C

Lauren in GA said...

I love the picture of you in the hoodie jacket in the bathroom. You are so cute...even after you have soiled your clothing.


I am loving the picture of Mommy with the bag. It will always be a wonderful reminder of what explosive fun you had at the zoo.

Kathy Finch said...

Good Grief, Thay brings back memories of days long gone. (I truely miss them.)

Ava Nielson said...

Ava's been having the same blow-outs lately...must be something in the water!

Jaime said...

The worst part about experiences like this is that you never learn--you will continue to have these sorts of trips for 20 more years...only multiply the disasters! Ready?

Anonymous said...

Haha.
Looks like someone needs to double up on the diapers. :)
We're restricting Bella's fruit intake.
~Rachel

J.R. and Meg +3 said...

Wow, that little stinker! What a memory and something you can laugh about for a long time. Way to go M!!