Sunday, April 6, 2008

Tunak Tunak Tun

Oh the plight of my poor mom! My new teeth were coming in this past week and I cried in pain for several days. No medicine would work. Well, no medicine you can buy at a pharmacy...I would only stop crying if my mom played Daler Mehndi's "Tunak Tunak Tun". Below you can see two things: 1) me not crying and 2) my mom struggling with deciding which is worse - endless Daler Mehndi or my wailing!


One day during teething my dad came home and heard the familiar beat. His heart had also been stolen by Mehndi's eloquent, lyrical poetry at some time in the past and grooving soon commenced. In related news, I had been inspired by seeing the movie "Girls Just Want to Fun" with a young Helen Hunt and had been conducting dance-offs with my dad. The winner would get a handful of Cookie Crisp. My dad had won three dance-offs in a row and I was getting suspicious. Before he got started in this one, I patted him down to make sure he wasn't using any illegal enhancers in his legs!

You can never be too careful with Cookie Crisp at stake!

6 comments:

Katie G. said...

At least Maya did not have to listen to us (J, Uncle R & K) sing that song over and over again while B tried to find the english translation late at night while playing phase 10 (congrats B for beating all of us!) :o)

Anonymous said...

I have no words....I am laughing too hard.

Love, Aunt J

Lauren in GA said...

Brian watched me viewing these and kept saying, "Go to that again!!!"


She is so cute! Sorry about the teething pain...I did laugh at your, "Well, no medicine you can buy at a pharmacy" comment. Does that mean you were considering medicine you can only get at the ABC store?

I remember that movie!!!!! AHHHH yes! The young Helen Hunt! The young Sarah Jessica Parker! The outfits, the big hair, the thrill of the dance-off! It was true box-office gold.

J.R. and Meg +3 said...

Dang, too funny! She has really got some good moves--the bouncing up and down in the second movie and the head shake in the first were classic. Good laughs!

Ava Nielson said...

M- You dance a lot like your mom...I've seen her in action! hehehe :)

Jaime said...

M-Give Sufjan Stevens if you want to shake your musical stylings up a little bit...but stay in the same vein, sort of. Bad and weird anyway.