Monday, April 14, 2008

They sell furniture at Ikea?

This past weekend my dad said we were going to Ikea. Ikea!?! That's from Sweden! I had been to Sweden before (see Feb 10th post "Swede and Low") and I knew that a large ocean seperated us. I quickly found something that could carry me across the Atlantic and proudly wave good-bye to America.




No need to sail, Ikea has opened shop in the state of Ohio and so the whole family drove down to West Chester. Once there - to my chagrin - we headed for the cafeteria. My dad proudly displays his meatballs. I sure hope he knows they sell furniture.


Lately, I had been getting a strained neck from working on my lap top at the adult table. A trip to Ikea would provide an excellent chance of finding an inexpensive table and chair set built for my height.


After his ninth plate of meatballs and his fifteenth glass of Lingonberry Soda, I was unsure if my dad planned on exploring anything but the cafeteria. I tried my best to stay positive, however, my dad's eating has left me without an appetite as seen in this picture.




Well the trip didn't turn out as expected. We spent the entire afternoon in the cafeteria and when we got home all I had managed to grab was this bag of utensils. I glumly look them over as I change into my pajamas for bed.









The next morning after going to church, I noticed something new in a part of our living room. It was Latt - my new Swedish friend. Unbeknownst to me, my dad ate enough meatballs to qualify for their Vanlig Matsmältningbesvär (Frequent Indigestion) club. The club's membership came with a free gift. My dad had chosen the Latt table and chair set for me. What a nice dad!




4 comments:

Jaime said...

Next time you go I need you to tell me ahead of time because we need the bowls that go with that set. We need 2 packs of bowls and then the complete set will allow me to junk all free and random kid dishes we have...yay!

Lauren in GA said...

Lovely little table and chair for you, M!


What is wrong with me? I didn't know they had meatballs at Ikea!

Anonymous said...

Did you run spell check?

Love,
Grandma C

Ava Nielson said...

Sounds like you do have a nice dad! Have fun with the tables!