Monday, May 5, 2008

3...2...1...

My parents might not be ready for another kid. A few nights ago, a "practice" baby was dropped off at our house under the guise of the parents needing a date. Here is a short movie showing how the three hours went:


I give my parents a D+. Neither of us died which usually would be a C, but my mom forgot to give me a jelly bean that night. So D+. Turns out, however, that the parents did go on a date and felt terrible that their baby cried for so much of the night. They felt so terrible, in fact, that they bought us a new bathroom set. Wow! Note to readers: if the parents of a kid named after a reality show villain (not Omarosa) ask you to sit for them --- take that deal!




Despite the new accoutrement in the bathroom, I realized a storm brewing with New Mexico on the way. Determined to pick up the slack for my parents, I started to befriend Celeste.



She gave me ample opportunities for practice. I learned how to test milk for temperature.





I also learned a new technique for burping. Just squeeze them between your legs!





Feeling more confident that I can cover up for my parents deficiencies, I felt much better. Celeste and I hope to see all of you soon!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh my! I didn't know that Maya was a sympathy crier. That could be bad news for Mom and Dad.
Love, Grandma C

Anonymous said...

I really hope that play baby, Celeste if that is in fact her real name, is not the feed and wet kind of play baby. I saw one at the Target yesterday. AUNT J can only handle so many wet diapers at one time.

Lauren in GA said...

Ohhhhh, sorry about the sad little baby in your parents' care, M.


The bathroom looks lovely, though.

B, that is a cute haircut :)


I love the picture of the burping. Man, I wish I had figured out how to burp my babies like that...I could have multi-tasked that way...you know, read a book or styled my hair while burping.

Jaime said...

I keep telling people I want to put up a secret meltdown cam in your living room for when NM arrives, but now I see you are going to do it for me. Thanks!

Katie G. said...

You guys are going to do great!!!! :) That video was hilarious! Good Luck!! See you all in June!

J.R. and Meg +3 said...

Oh I know mom is ready for that baby to come--out at least that is! You guys will be great, and as we see from the photos M is a natural.

Kirstin said...

Clemmer I'm so mad I didn't know about this. We can be blog friends. This is so exciting. You're daughter is so stinkin cute. Looks like her Mom. Can't wait to hear more about your life.