Tuesday, January 5, 2010

A subtropical Christmas

On Christmas morning I awoke to the sound of a clumsy oaf several feet above my bedroom window. Suspecting Saint Nick I went outside and saw a clumsy oaf, but it was my dad. He said we needed coconuts for breakfast. I guess he's never heard of Winn-Dixie.



My brother, JC, is fairly new at this Christmas thing. Here Aunt JKC helps him unload his stocking...


And about ten seconds later he realized everything in the sock was for him!

My brother and I also received a wondorous rotating Christmas decoration with trains, flying sleighs, and princesses. It even played Christmas carols to boot. We watched it go for several hours - thanks Aunt C.



After opening our presents, my mom told us to go for a swim. Here you can see my reaction --- swimming on Christmas day? We must really be in the subtropics.




After the swim we ordered some stellar pizza. The pizza was so good that even Great Grandma ate some. Here you can see us sharing a piece of the pie with the dogs looking on expectantly.




All of the swimming, the pizza, and the excitement of his second Christmas really did my brother in. By the end of the day he had lost his pants and was walking around with the help of a cane!


Hope he can recover before we hit the World of Mickey Mouse!

4 comments:

Katie and Robert said...

Disney, Disney, Disney! Woot woot! Can't wait! Love you guys! Hope you made it home safely!

R said...

I like the feathered look little J is sporting. Guess you should flaunt it while you got it Eric would say. ;)

Lauren in GA said...

No pants and a cane? That boy has worn himself out!

Wow...your dad is pretty dedicated to making sure you have a great breakfast...he risked life and limb.

Ava Nielson said...

Wow, you got to do Christmas twice?? Lucky ducks! Hope DW was a blast!!