Sunday, January 10, 2010

Disney World - Pops is missing! Part I

After Christmas day in Fort Lauderdale, we traveled north towards Orlando. I, M, was very excited to spend some time at Disney World. My family came along, too, which was okay. Soon after arriving we realized Pops was missing! We tried to think of things Pops likes to do as we narrowed down the list of places he could be. We all agreed that he loves science fiction. Maybe he will be in Tomorrow Land? We tried to get a bird's eye view by riding the Astro Orbiter. Pictured is my beautiful momma and my brother, JC. My dad screamed in fear so much they shut down the ride prematurely. What a wimp.

We spied a tall bald-headed fellow over near the Tomorrow Land raceway. We ran over there and looked all over the track, but alas, no Pops was found. Pictured is Aunt JKC riding shotgun as I steer the Indy Race car.
My dad started to yell after we left the race cars. He said that he had spotted Pops! We followed him over where he pointed out Pops to us excitedly. JC's face indicates how wildly unsuccessful my dad was in finding Pops without his glasses. "Come on dad, it's Buzz Lightyear!" he said.



After exhausting all the options in Tomorrow Land we walked across the border into Fantasy Land. We gave Dumbo a try as Pop's always had a soft spot for elephants who could fly (he was a big Natrone Means fan).


No luck again. On an off-chance we tried the Merry-go-Round. Still no Pops. We were getting frustrated and it was getting cold!
With night approaching, we would have to leave the Magic Kingdom. So my brother and I went to bed promising each other that we would not fail come tomorrow!



To be continued...

3 comments:

Lauren in GA said...

Love it, M!

Those sleeping pictures are fabulous.

Jaime said...

score!

Anonymous said...

Those kids look so innocent when they are sleeping....

Love, Aunt Ju-LA