Saturday, March 29, 2008

Part II...Easter Sunday -- Morning before the Hunt!

Who's there? It's kind of dark in here. Why don't we go outside?

Ah yes! Easter morning and we have beautiful spring weather.




While we are out here, I guess I should update you on the eggs. Despite dyeing them beautiful shades, no candy appeared in them. Well, I should say it wasn't candy to me. But it appeared to be candy to my dad. In between bites he mumbled something about egg salad and yum.


So I guess the Easter bunny IS needed because my eggs make nasty candy. Luckily, he visited last night. Check out my haul!

Whilst shutting my eyes and using my psychic powers, I tried to ensure that this blue egg would contain a Twix. I think I still need practice, however, because I got a York Peppermint Patty instead. I gave it to my dad because he needed it after the egg salad.



Apparently, the Easter bunny here in Ohio just doesn't leave treats for me. Look at the amazing table setting he left.



He included name tags!




Before we could eat Easter dinner, however, we needed to attend the neighborhood Easter egg hunt. Find out how it went - next time on "Hokies to Ohio".

3 comments:

Lauren in GA said...

I LOVE your Easter dress! You look marvelous!

Hope you found a Twix somewhere...it was nice of you give the peppermint patty to your Dad, though...I agree, he was looking a little overwhelmed by the egg salad. His eyes were ready to roll back into his head. Kinda scary.... ;)

Anonymous said...

Sooo cute! Thank you so much for a wonderful Easter day!
And I am honored that my name appears on your blog. What cute name cards?!
~Rachel

Jaime said...

The cards did turn out nicely--see, isn't there just something utterly spectacular about a well set table? Must be our genetic make-up (since we all know THAT is only make-up we have going for us!).