Thursday, March 13, 2008

Snowblower!!

Wow! Six months ago, my Uncle R bought plane tickets on Skybus to come and visit me. Six months later Ohio was hit by record snowfall. Skybus canceled the flight.







Just how much snow did we get? If you have ever visited, the picture below might help. It is the view out of our back door.

In addition to the large amount of snow, we also had 40 mph winds leading to this:





Unaware of the canceled flight, I stepped outside to head to the airport. Surprisingly, I could not overcome the snowdrifts to get to the car.


I quickly enlisted the help of my friend, A, who promised to guide me over the snowdrifts to the airport. Alas, we only made it 200 or so yards before I flashed back to the horrors of the powdered donut people(See Dec 22, 2007 post "White Dawn"). A, sat stoically along side me before we headed home.




My uncle R, though, is highly resourceful as evidenced in this picture here where he hid his identity to avoid being pictured with this guy!





In other words, my uncle R made it here anyway. He brought both his girlfriend AND donuts. What a great uncle (even if he does stare at people a little too hard).

To be continued.....

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ahhh, the powdered donut people! I am frightened!!

But mmmmm donuts, sooo hungry...

Ahhh, scary donut people flashback!!

mmmm ymmu donuts....

I am conflicted,
Aunt J

Lauren in GA said...

Wow, M! That is a lot of snow! Glad your Uncle made it safely. So did he bring donuts to eat with the powdered donut people? Perhaps, they were sort of a peace offering?

He is staring at ya pretty hard in that picture...perhaps he was afraid you were going to steal his donuts.

J.R. and Meg +3 said...

Glad M's uncle finally made it! Looks like you were able to get out and have some fun as well. Looking forward to playing again soon!

Anonymous said...

SNOW -- Now that is something that I do NOT miss. -Kathy