Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Easter Eve --- Dyeing the Eggs!

Incredible! The egg is not only edible! We can dye them too! Or at least that's what my dad says....we shall see. But, if he is making it up, he sure is going to a lot of effort to set the scene. I think he knows I'm going to eat a lot of candy and is setting up the appropriate "splash shield" for when I get sick!






The first egg that I was given, I immediately hit against the table causing shell rupture. Whoops! No candy inside! Then I realized that all the eggs with candy were pink or purple or green or yellow. Thinking quickly and seeing the various hues in front of me, I called for the red. Time to fill this egg with candy!

After waiting for a while, Mom pulled the egg out. The egg had changed color! Ha HA! Feeling awfully smart I said that the egg would soon be full of Reese's Chocolate Peanut Butter Eggs. "Who needs the Easter Bunny" I asked to no one in particular and then flashed my best Bunny Grin at the camera.

Did she create her own candy filled eggs? Does M need the Easter Bunny?

To be continued....

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Do plastic chickens lay plastic eggs?
Curious Grandma in Virginia

Ava Nielson said...

Looks like your having fun either way!

Lauren in GA said...

Good job, M! I love that your dad put down a splash shield for you to color your eggs...he is always thinking, that dad of yours. I cracked up at what you thought the splash shield was for! ;)