Sunday, March 16, 2008

Spring Break VCU Style!

After my resourceful Uncle R made it to Ohio, he quickly went about recreating the "What was I doing last year" picture for March. As you can see my Uncle R has shrunk dramatically in the year since the photo was taken at the Sugar Maple Festival. As you can see he's wearing the same T-shirt. Why mess with what works?

After arriving, Uncle R who is working on his PhD in American History, immediatly piled us in the car and drove to the Ohio State Capitol (despite being his spring break). He was eager to see this historic landmark, and, he was also very afraid that we might take him to Schmitt's Sausage House again unless he came up with something else. Here my Uncle R and I are pictured sitting on a couch that is very similar to a couch we grew up with.


The Ohio State Capitol offers free tours and allowed access into the Senate and House of Reps. Pictured below is our family with the Speaker of the House centered in the background. I, however, was distracted by the person sitting two rows back who was munching on a Ding Dong.


After fulfilling Uncle R's need for history, we went back home where his girlfriend, K, and me got to hang out.


As is the case with everyone, I have my favorite books which I read more frequently than other books. At the top of my current list is "Hop on Pop". That book never gets old, even if it's been read about 30 times (according to K).


I eat pretty much all the time, and after feeding me for a little over two hours my Uncle R became fatigued.


With his yogurt feeding arm too tired to continue (he claims it is due to tennis elbow from the Wii), he just gave me another one of his donuts.





My dad, however, upon realizing that this was the last donut left, quickly tried to trade me K's cell phone for the donut. Although tempted, I asked my wise Aunt JKC for advice who said, "Long after the battery dies on a cell phone, you will still be able to lick the glaze off your own face." I kept the donut.



Eventually, my Uncle R has to leave me to head back to Richmond. After the whirlwind visit, I was left like this in the middle of the floor. Come back soon (with donuts preferrably)!!


6 comments:

Lauren in GA said...

Sorry that Uncle R became fatigued while feeding you yogurt...good thing he had donuts to fall back on.

Love the pictures!

Heather said...

Funny post, I especially liked the decision between cell phone and doughnut.

Jaime said...

Man--I go away for a weekend with no computer and come back to TWO posts...imgaine the thrill!

M is going to be so mad at you John when you show these to her boyfriends in high school!

Anonymous said...

M, my young grasshopper, I have taught you well.
Donuts will always hold a special place in your heart, above boyfriends but just below your pink princess chair.

love,
Aunt J

Jaime said...

This round of voting is much better--and if parents have voted, they have thrown the poll. I say LEVI and since I am sure I should have the final say, I guess we are done. Thanks, that was fun!

Anonymous said...

Let it be known that we do not vote in our own poll!
-The Purveyors