Wednesday, May 19, 2010

JC's Second Birthday - Part I

My birthday this year was a true celebration. It spanned multiple time zones and states this year! But, as with all my birthdays thus far, it started with a breakfast of pancakes. Who turned two? It's me!


My parents asked me what I wanted most for my birthday. I responded that I wanted to take a trip to VA to play with Gram's train set. Not an hour later, we were on the road and heading to the Old Dominion. They had a party ready for me there, too! Look at this awesome cake. I remind everyone who it's for...Great Grandma is so jealous of my cookie!



And it tasted good too!



After cake comes the presents. I have become much better at tearing open presents. Look at me open this present to find namesake trucks - "Chuck".


The cake, presents, and my hand, foot, and mouth disease did me in. Luckily, Aunt JKC bought me an awesome Backyardigans couch. We look like walking advertisements for Pepto!



With the end of my birthday came our return to the Ohio. I tearfully left Gram's train set and got into the van, ruing the day. When we got back I found that I had received another present - my very own train set. Here it is pictured with all my loot!



I quickly slapped on my conductor outfit for an added effect. Who wants to ride the choo-choo?

Thanks for all my presents and giving me a happy birthday!

4 comments:

Jaime said...

Ok that pic of him in the train set is the absolute best ever. Glad we sent the gift because w/o my phone we missed it entirely. Glad you were able to go to VA--sad it wasn't our end though...
Happy belated JC!

Lauren in GA said...

I agree with Jaime. I was going to say the same exact thing...that last picture of him in his conductor outfit is fabulous.

Happy 2nd Birthday, JC!!

J.R. and Meg +3 said...

Can't believe he is two!! Happy Birthday JC! The hard thing to believe also is that we moved right after he was just barely born...so I guess it has been two years for us gone as well. Looks like a great celebration. And wish we could come over and play with the cool train set.

Bryan and Ellie said...

Loved the Pepto picture. Happy birthday, J! Are we going to hear a daddy version of the Cincinnati trip?