Monday, December 21, 2009

We made it!

After many hours of early morning driving in one-lane fashion, my dad managed to get us to Virginia in time for us to be snowed in! After a four hour sleep my brother and I woke up, got dressed, ate our Wheaties, and got ready to head out side into a blizzard.Whoa! It was still coming down, but we wanted to start the shoveling process. Since we only had one kid-sized shovel, my brother stood around as a human measuring stick to keep track of snow depth. You can see in this picture we were already at half a JC.


Dig, dig, and more dig! We have almost made it to the car! Inside was a half burrito left over from our traveling that I refused to give up on...

Once I made it to the car, I handed my shovel to JC and told him to make like John Henry before our front door got covered up again. He dug us back to the porch quicker than any snow blower could have...


Just as we were heading inside, we heard some shouts from the roadway. Through the blowing snow we made out the voice of Aunt JKC and my wonderful Mom. They had left to find the newspaper at the end of the driveway about three hours before. While my dad and I stood frozenly in place, JC wasted no time and quickly dug all the way to them. Look! The snow was up to his shoulders at this point.

Using his sense of smell developed by foraging for extra snacks to fill in his cheeks, he managed to lead them home safely by following the scent of my burrito. The newspaper was MIA, but thanks to JC, Aunt JKC and Mom were not. Safe and warm at home now, Aunt JKC thanks my brother in a photo I took myself. Guess how much snow we had (to the nearest JC). The answer will be shown in our next post.

2 comments:

Katie and Robert said...

1 and 1/8 JCs.

Lauren in GA said...

Glad you are safe!

Whoa...it is really coming down in those pictures. JC is about to go under!