Thursday, December 17, 2009

Sledding...

Happy holidays! Given my intense fear of snow, my brother, JC, and I got to sled for the first time together. One of us was a big fan of sledding. The other, not so much. We shall start with JC. JC was not convinced that sledding was fun at the bottom of the hill even though he rode down the hill with a muppet...



The long, slow crawl up the hill only made matters worse. He headed in to brew himself some hot cocoa in the Cocoa Motion (as seen on TV)! As he left, I could hear him mumbling, "This is a three marshmallow day..."



To allay my fears caused by my brother's experience, I first rode down with my mom. What fun! We glided through the snow and then stopped neatly at the bottom of the hill.




I felt so good about my experience that I decided to give it a try with the old man. This sled looks top-heavy, and not in the good supreme pizza type of way.



You know how there is a movement restricting old people who can't see from driving? Turns out you shouldn't let blind dads sled either....

Good thing the briar patch stopped us! We had to use a shop vac to suck out all the thorns that had punctured us.


Despite the wreck, I was still so excited about sledding, I danced a jig! Chorus Line here I come...and KICK!



About that time, my mother in a leopard print Snuggi, with a newspaper under one arm, and a cup of Cocoa Motion hot cocoa in the other, opened the front door. She told us to come in before we caught cold. My dad was still concussed from the sledding accident and threw a snowball at her! What a poor decision by my dad - but look at the snowball fly!



Whoops! The snowball hit my mother square in the face. She didn't think it was funny and my dad and I both got sent to our room. Not too stiff a punishment, though, considering we had a Parcheesi, the royal game of India and of M, to keep us occupied. I can't wait for more snow!

3 comments:

Lauren in GA said...

This whole thing made me die laughing...

well, except the briar patch...that was most unfortunate...


B, I LOVED your Christmas letter and card!!!!!!!!!!!! I loved the picture...way to keep it real. Thanks for sending one to us.

Jaime said...

wait, I am not her mother!?

Anonymous said...

[... ] is another must read source of tips on this issue[...]