Saturday, April 4, 2009

Slate Run Farm

Howdy! Here I, JC, ride my "tractor" through our living room.
After several hours of riding, my parents broke down and decided to take me to a real farm! The farm is called Slate Run and is a fully functioning 1880s farm. Here you can see me near some geese. They smelled the least of any animal we saw, including my dad!

My sister, M, is pictured next to some of the stinkier animals - the sheep. Her friend, B, also happened to be there. What luck!
My mom came along, too. Here, they are pictured in front of a horse named Bamboo Harvester IV. His great grandfather was the original palomino who played Mister Ed!


After visiting all the animals, we ate some lunch. Here, M gives you a sneak preview of the next post. Notice her hat!

6 comments:

Lauren in GA said...

Great pictures! You are brave JC, for some reason I am afraid of geese. I have met some mean ones in my day. Maybe it was something I said.

Jaime said...

your next post is going to be about a twinkie?

Brittany said...

Geese are of the devil!

Katie G. said...

Maya, HANG LOOSE!

Anonymous said...

Bamboo Harvester IV? What happened to Bamboo Harvester II???

Cool hat Big M, O's won!!!

Aunt Ju-LA

Nollie said...

So glad you made it down there - we love Slate Run! I don't know who likes it better, Ben or me. Our favorites are the outhouse, the water pump, and the grotesquely obese porkers.