Sunday, April 19, 2009

Eggs, Paws, Claws

After the dust-up at the local chocolate factory, my extended family members decided to step in and try and help me, M, with my fear of rabbits. They took me to the Columbus Zoo for their "Paws, Claws, and Easter Eggs" event. Here you can see the abject terror in my face as we steer too close to a gigantic penguin. Maybe, I'm not afraid of bunnies after all. Maybe I'm just afraid of ten foot tall versions of the animals!
In order to test this new theory, we steered over to Australia where the kangaroos live. Look how close we got to the Roo. The zoo keeper is explaining to me that the animal has big ears and hops just like a bunny. I was not scared! Live animals are fine!

Just to make completely sure, though, Gram and Aunt J took me on the carousel at the zoo. The wooden horses were carved in 1903! No fear registers in my face. I am only afraid of fake animals when they are huge and make moves to hug me! I can look forward to Easter Sunday now!

Thanks for the fun Easter trip to the zoo, Aunt J and Gram!

2 comments:

Jaime said...

looks like fun

Lauren in GA said...

I think 10 foot tall versions of animals are pretty scary, too.

I got over my fears by being the mascot for the Orange County Fighting Hornets for some basketball games. I was a huge hornet with a big ol' orange head. Some of the cheerleaders forgot to lead me off of the court after we came out to get the crowd excited and I got hit in said, "big ol' orange head" with a basketball when the team was taking practice shots to warm up.