Monday, May 12, 2008

Minor League Thrills

After more than a month of waiting, my dad finally took me to a baseball game this year. With my mom11 months pregnant, I hadn't been out of the house in three weeks. I decided to get dressed up for the occasion. My dad said this was too dressed up for a baseball game (and a Nationals game at that).




Trying to go more casual, I put together this ensemble. My mom asked what the tape measure was for. I said it was to measure dad's expanding waist line with hot dogs only a dime. When my mom asked me how many hot dogs dad would eat, I responded as such.




Finally, after agreeing on an outfit, we headed out to the ball park. As the game started, I felt only lukewarm feelings towards the scrappy home team as evidenced by my tepid clapping.





After the first home run, though, my excitement level increased as I joined the crowd in the "wave".





I was absolutely ecstatic to discover baseball lasted longer than 3.5 innings (my previous high). With every half inning, I became more and more excited which culminated in the shot below where I finally saw the end of a baseball game. They are 5 innings long!



What a game! Our team sent the visiting team's record to 4 - 26. To top it off my dad didn't have to be wheeled out of the stadium for over doing the hot dog consumption. Winners all around.



Special announcement to my readers: The next post will be a bit different. After closed door contract meetings, I have decided to share some of my bandwidth with sibling number 2. Check back Wednesday for photographic evidence of Clyde Maurice as he makes his first post!

5 comments:

Jaime said...

His first post will be about how he can't believe his parents didn't give him his dream name, Levi New Mexico Carpenter, and the ensuing leagal battle that follows.

J.R. and Meg +3 said...

I love M's excited photos--so great! We can't wait for the post of good news and to meet baby Clyde.

Lauren in GA said...

Whoa! 5 hot dogs, Huh?

I am so excited for your next post, M! I got the butterflies when I read that about Clyde's arrival :)

Anonymous said...

Clyde? Who's Clyde?

Love,
Confused Aunt J

Anonymous said...

Where are the pictures!!! Clyde is already 13 hours old. Don't tell me that you are still negotating!