Sunday, August 12, 2007

Musings....

Trying to reconcile my status as the only child with my status as the youngest in the family has been difficult. Here I feign ignorance as my mother explains to me that I can't run around naked and that a necklace will not fix the problem. After thirty seconds of this face, my mother gave up and I won. I learned how to do this from my dad.
With my new ability to climb things comes a new responsibility. I must constantly prove that nothing in the house is safe. Here, a cup with ice and water has been placed on the opposite side of the table from me. Using ingenuity picked up from watching "Monk" on USA, I solved the problem by using a box and knocking the water over.



Well my birthday is coming up. When you turn sixteen you can drive. When you turn 55 you can save 15% off general merchandise excluding grocieries on Tuesdays at Meijer. And, finally, when you turn one, they let you look forwards when you are being driven around. I must say it's hard to feel like you are being chaffeured when you are facing the rear of the car. My grandparents bought me this sweet chair for my upcoming birthday and I'm already breaking it in for the front facing car rides that will soon come.
I've been listening a lot to Destiny's Child "Independent" and decided it was time to throw my hands up at them. So I got in my floaty and floated parents-free in the pool for the first time. It was a proud moment for my parents, me, and the song writer for Destiny's Child!






3 comments:

Jaime said...

Beyonce would have been more proud if she were in sequins, but I'm sure she'd at least give the floatie a nod of approval. Lovin' the stylin' carseat...

Anonymous said...

Just so you know M, your father learned that face from me. :)
Classic!

Looks like on your first birthday you get things to sit in....hmmmm.

Love, Aunt J

Anonymous said...

hahaha.
I love that first picture. Classic. Maya is sure growing up fast.
See you guys later today!
~Rachel