Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Apple Picking

That bread pudding in the last post sure doesn't look appetizing does it? Neither was the weather this past Saturday as we traveled to Pataskala. It might be hard to spell but picking apples there is easy as the trees are much lower than those in the Wizard of Oz. Look! Even my vertically challenged brother, JC was able to pluck an apple!



My dad spent most of the time eating, as opposed to collecting the apples. Here's is a "Gorillas in the Mist" shot of my dad scavenging in the apple orchard. I took the photo myself!


My mom did most of the collecting and we took home over 200 lbs of apples! Our car scraped the whole way home. Here my mom smiles with some of her help. That is apple on JC's chin!



Finally, here is a shot of me just a few hours before becoming a victim of a nefarious allergic reaction that required multiple hospital visits. But don't worry, it wasn't the apples fault!

Thanks Aunt K and Uncle R for our awesome jackets. Thanks Aunt J for my parents' sweet T-shirts!

9 comments:

Heather said...

gorillas in the mist . . . love it! Sorry about the bad weather - and the multiple hospital trips. But maybe some apple butter will make it better.

Lauren in GA said...

Wait...did you really have to go to the hospital multiple times? Oh, dear.

Look at JC! He looks so big!

No, seriously...did you really have to go to the hospital?

Ava Nielson said...

Yum apples! Make lots of tasty treats! So sorry to hear about your hospital visits...hope you're better now.

Ava Nielson said...

Yum apples! Make lots of tasty treats! So sorry to hear about your hospital visits...hope you're better now.

Brittany said...

yes, we did have 2 trips to the ER, one at OSU and one at Children's b/c they weren't sure what it was. Here's to hoping my co-pay at Children's is only $25 like at OSU! Final verdict--she's severly allergic to sulpha drugs. All is well now..thanks for the concern~

Jaime said...

my question is how much did they cost? b/c from my little old man in the truck I can buy a bushel for $15 and not have to pick a single one...

Anonymous said...

Great way to celebrate Johnny Appleseed's birhtday! Can't wait to try one of those apples.
Love,
Gram

Holly said...

Hospital visits suck! Sorry to hear you had to deal with that.

We miss apple pickin' time in Ohio.

Anonymous said...

You two look so good in your jackets.
We are excited to be able to see you for Halloween.

Aunt K & Uncle R