Sunday, December 2, 2007

Breakfast without Bacon? You must be mistaken!

I am a big Kevin Bacon fan right now. What can I say? He was attractive thirty years ago and his last name makes me think of food! Why bring him up? The story starts with me watching the movie "Footloose" in spanish on Univision after my parents fell asleep one night. The next day I told my cousin S about a pentultimate scene where Kevin Bacon, whose name in the movie I believe translates to nightingale, plays chicken on a tractor with a character I named Cowboy. We decided to relive the scene as seen in the picture below. S, however, looked at the camera and crashed into a wall while our jeep was moving at a high rate of speed.After the crash, I was laid up for several weeks recovering from leg injuries among other things. Here you can see how much my Utah lady lessons have paid off.




After a few weeks, I started feeling better. Much better than S, who still wasn't walking. Our nice great grandmother in FLA sent us a Cheetah Girls Dance Mat to ease our rehabilitation through dance and the wondorous voices of Adrienne Bailon, Sabrina Ryan, Kiely Williams, and Raven. Below, I spot S to make sure he doesn't reinjure himself.



After a few weeks, we started to get really good. Here you can see mooving and grooving to the sounds of "Strut"!



I have since moved on from my Kevin Bacon fixation and have now dedicated myself to becoming a backup dancer for the Cheetah Girls. My dad is so proud of me. Thanks to great grandma C and a special shout out to the Cheetah Girls.




4 comments:

Lauren in GA said...

I loved all of these recent posts! M, you make a fabulous Cheetah Girl! B, I was shocked to read about your two dates on prom night...I thought that only happened in sitcoms! I must confess, I am pretty impressed...although as your former Young Women's leader and wife of your Seminary teacher I feel I should be expressing dismay...oh, forget it...Great JOB!

Anonymous said...

It appears as though M is driving, so I am sure that S is not responsible for the accident that occured at a high rate of speed. Maybe it is all the soda M has been drinking that caused the accident at a high rate of speed?

Aunt J

Jaime said...

Oh John, you make me LOL! (how's that for knowing my old skool tm abbrev.'s?)

Jaime said...

BTW-ANTM--I have Never heard that...but now that you have skool'd me, I used it in my latest post! jc