Saturday, October 29, 2011

Halloween!!

Here in the wilderness of the northern LOE, we start celebrating Halloween a week early.  Why?  Because it is the northern LOE and we need to stretch our holidays out!  Word!  Here is a picture of the pumpkin patch.  Sadly, our pumpkins were not purchased at the patch because they were expensive Texas pumpkins.
It was discovered that little SM has a strong dislike for pumpkins.  Look when we started to cut our pumpkins!
The rest of us had more fun cutting the ... pumpkins.
JC was more pensive, but finally stuck his hand in.  His overjoyed response, "it feels like slimy!"
Here is our finished product.  We only lost two fingers between us!

Next it was Trick or Treat on Main Street.  It was our second one!  Look at our wonderful costumes!


Judy Garland just looked at my Toto carrying purse and got a bit jealous.  Here we are on the town.
SM went as a cold, hungry baby.  Actually, under all that garb - she was Little Miss-chevious!
Happy Pre-Halloween!

6 comments:

Heather said...

Stretch those holidays out! Can't believe you're already on tr or tr number 2. Wow. You know I have a soft spot in my heart for pirates, but I love Miss Chevious' costume as well. One day we'll go trick or treating without a stroller...

Anonymous said...

What wonderful costumes!
Happy Halloween from Gram and Pops

R said...

Love J's pic!
And love that the author said "Word!" I can just imagine him saying that in his monotone voice. lol. Love it.
Miss you guys!
I will be in UT on Nov. 11th for my brother's wedding and for Christmas. I don't think you guys will be there but I'm just putting it out there.

Anonymous said...

SM does not like the gourds!

Love, Aunt Ju-La

Lauren in GA said...

The costumes look so cute! We had a fearsome pirate at our house, too!

legallymama said...

Very cute costumes! Cant wait for my 3-month old baby to wear costumes for halloween! :)

I'm a momblogger from the Philippines. Drop by at www.legallymama.blogspot.com