Saturday, December 11, 2010

When the dad's away....

With my dad in Boston for the week, it gave the rest of us an extra week in the snowy Wasatch Front.  A snowball fight broke out in the backyard!  JC and I's chances seemed slim with our larger cousins on one side!


I suddenly remembered chapter 9 in Sun Tzu's Art of War where it stated, "If the enemy holds the high ground, do not ascend and do battle with him." With gritty determination I start my ascent up the slide.  My brother is to follow later with our tobaggan.  This will turn the tables in our direction!

Halfway up the slide, I remembered that I'm a lover not a fighter.  Did you know that Brit band Hot Chocolate had a #1 hit every year from 1970 to 1984?  Their hits, though, pale in comparison to my Great-Grandma's house brew!

Along with the hot cocoa, we got a snack of cheese and crackers.  Hmm...cheese?  Inspired by the mild cheddar, I requested a visit to Charles Edward Cheese.  Would my beautiful momma give in?  Look at the photo below!

To make this story even sweeter, we didn't add Nutra-sweet or even Equal.  We added our cousins R, H, and H!


The above shot was a rare time at the Chuck E. Cheese where JC was not doing this...
Distraught at his inability to set the store record in Skee-Ball, JC blamed his bangs.  Luckily Aunt K is not only a Stevie Wonder fan, but also a part-time barber.

Unbelievably, our week can't be contained in just a single post!  Next time - decorating for Christmas in the town named after Etienne Provost.


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Will we see J's new hair cut?
Love, Gram

Lauren in GA said...

I laugh every time I read, "Charles Edward Cheese".

Bryan and Ellie said...

Where are all the pictures of the beautiful pregnant momma? I hear about her, but I never see her, and I miss her!