Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Once thou hast found turkey....

My beautiful momma's heightened sense of smell lead us to this empty house.  A party had either just happened or was about to happen. 

Then my brilliant brother JC noticed there were no scraps on the floor for after meal snacking! The party had yet to be!  In nary a half hour the whole party crew had arrived.  My, my I hope there's a BIG turkey!
Alas, before I could get my camera, it was already dessert!  Notice the Hershey's Chocolate Cake at the end of the table. We know Aunt JC is terribly jealous...
My dad's incomprehensible plan had succeeded!  Turkey was had in the midst of a Thanksgiving party with 41 relatives.  JC and I got to see our great-grandparents.  Here, I'm pictured with Great-Grandma and a baby that's not nearly as cute as me!


Our Great-Grandpa taught JC and I checkers.  He gave up after realizing that he could never beat someone wearing a bow-tie!

Soon after our Thanksgiving weekend, my dad had to fly to Boston to present the best talk (EVER!) on something that is really boring to you and me.  He asked if we would miss him.  With so much fun around I said "Sure, dad...we'll be so lonely."

Find out about all of our adventures during my dad's conference week next time!

2 comments:

Lauren in GA said...

Glad you found some turkey...

...and that you got to see so many family members!! Awesome!

Katie and Robert said...

M, great practice for number 3. I bet you all had an awesome time! Hope to see you soon! Love you guys!