Sunday, November 7, 2010

Swimming in the Sky

My dad says that it's a good idea to begin at the bottom in everything.  Here you can see my brother, JC, and I unrolling the new carpet while my dad supervises from the couch watching the Army football game.  We are excited, as we can now eat indoors!  Just in time for winter!

My dad also says that rules, just like wild hearts, aren't meant to be broken.  In this case, the rule was amended to it's a good idea to begin at the bottom in everything except swimming.  Here we are at the local aquatic center.  The life vests are meant to help us stay on top of things!
Behind us you can see the gigantic indoor obstacle course!  Here I finish the course in the astounding time of just over 34 minutes!  I'm the new Esther Williams except without all the baggage!
There was an assortment of floating toys that my dad didn't have to blow up, even though my beautiful momma says he has no shortage of hot air.

At the local library, I checked out the movie, Beauty and the Beast.  If you haven't seen it, I will tell you the entire story ad nausem.  My brother, though, checked out the movie Sync or Swim after hearing it had won best feature at the 2009 Kansas City FilmFest.  Here he attempts to master some of the basic moves involved with the sport of synchronized swimming.

I welcome all challengers of the under five variety to beat my time of 34:12 on the indoor obstacle course!

5 comments:

amy said...

Brittany,

Every time I read your blog I am constantly chuckling to myself because of your amazing whit:) That swimming pool sure looks awesome--we might just have to make a trip to NM to try it out.

P.S. Is John working for Sandia National Lab? My husband is seriously considering applying there when we graduate.

Katie and Robert said...

WOW, that pool looks awesome! I wish I was 5 again so I could challenge your time M! Oh, and that rug looks nice, so glad you rolled it out before winter comes! Miss you guys!

Lauren in GA said...

I want to visit you all and go to that splendid pool. It looks like you are getting comfy in your new environs already.

Whoa, JC...I am dizzy just watching you!

Trina said...

Looks like you're having fun! Great find on the pool! Oh, and will you send out your new address. I may get my christmas cards done this year. still deciding. but don't want to forget to get your new address.

Jaime said...

S says, "Bring it on!!"