Monday, November 1, 2010

Halloween Weekend

With apologies to all those who think Halloween only lasts for one night, I, M, present you the full-on Los Alamosan Halloweekend!  First, you must paint your toenails on the preceding Friday with polish mailed from the great state of Virginia!
Second, the whole lab leaves work early.  The town shuts down for vehicle traffic.  All kids trick or treat through the commercial sector.  I am dressed as a flower.  How 2008 you may say?  Well it still fits me (kind of)!  My brother, JC, is dressed as Mister Lady's Bug - a lesser known parody popularized by Tim Meadows.  Finally, my dad is wearing an ultra-rare non-plaid mackinaw.
Here's a picture of the local video rental/tanning salon/sports memorabilia/pizza shop.  They now do Fed-Ex, too!  We had to take a picture in honor of Gma L.  My dad wanted to go in but he was feeling a bit kyphophobic!  Too bad, because inside they gave me and JC a LOT of candy!

Here's the main crossroads in town.  A Halloween band was playing.  We looked for Uncle B on the bass drum, but it looks like he still may be in basic training!

After counting your candy, head to sleep!


After waking up, head to a Halloween party followed by Trunk or Treat and a Halloween carnival!  Look at the decoration job done by my beautiful momma...

Look at all those trunks!

After a carnival that involved my old favorite, the dangling donut game, go home and count your loot again!

And that, my blogger friends, is how you go Los Alamosan for your Halloween!  Thank you for all the care packages!


5 comments:

Heather said...

oops, I forgot to decorate my trunk at all. Oh well, it was very dark. Black dark even. So nice your dad got off work early to help with the festivities

Lauren in GA said...

M, both you and JC look ADORABLE.

*sniff* didn't cousin F wear that Mister Lady's Bug costume? Ah, memories...

J.R. and Meg +3 said...

Looks like you guys are settling in nicely to your new surroundings! Wasn't it just yesterday we were trick-or-treating with our little ones?!

Anonymous said...

Hey Brother,

I typed kyphophobic into a search engine and only TWO entries came up. Dictionary.com and your post. I find that halirous, I was laughing so hard I cried. It sounds like I need to come out there for halloween next year, way more fun than a Columbus halloween. Miss you guys lots!!

Love,
Aunt Ju-La

Jaime said...

I agree with Julia...we may need to spend Halloween out there next year too!
sorry about the nail polish and lipstick. but not really.