Thursday, July 8, 2010

The Strawberry Festival

The word "straub ery" in Slovenian refers to their national horse breed. With the largest population of Slovenians outside of Slovenia, itself, Ohio made the perfect place to hold the Straub ery or Strawberry Festival. Instead of the national horse of Slovenia, however, this festival celebrates the American version, and especially, the Mustang car! Just to satiate the ignorant Americans who came looking for actual strawberries, the town of London included this display.





The show was all about the cars, however. Here, Gram, Aunt K, JC, and I are pictured among a row of 'Stangs.



Here is a picture of me after someone told me what the festival was all about. "Oh I get it," I said. JC was not as understanding and really wanted the festival to be about the berries!




My brother soon got into it, though, after we fed him a snow cone...

1 comment:

Katie and Robert said...

Even though I was there, those Mustangs sure looked like Shelby Cobras!?