Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Father knows best?

Easter weekend sure is fun. I was very excited for the Easter Bunny to visit, as I, JC, had run out of Halloween candy about five months ago. Saturday, my dad said that in order for the Easter Bunny to visit, we needed to do several things. The first thing to do was make cookies. Check!


The next thing was to dye eggs. Check!


The next thing was to wash the car...? Huh?



And then to build a bird feeder? What?


By now I was pretty sure my dad was just making us do chores. Easter Bunnys love eggs and cookies but they don't care about washing cars...right? I thought to myself, "Maybe my dad will get his comeuppance..." Later Saturday we had our Easter egg hunt. I found eggs.

My sister, M, found eggs.


My dad found no eggs.


The next morning our couch had three Easter baskets. One for me, one for M, and one for my beautiful momma! None for my dad.



Here I rub in my dad's face one of my awesome Easter gifts. I am reading all seven flavors found in a can of Pringles Restaurant Cravers Mexican Layer Dip to him. Whew that's a long name for potato chips!

M got a lot of neat stuff, too.


I sure hope my dad learns his lesson...the Easter Bunny knows when you are sleeping. He knows when you're awake. He knows if you've been bad or good...so be good and get some awesome sunglasses for goodness sake!

Maybe next year my dad will learn!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am so glad the Easter Bunny found your house. Looks like you got a lot of good things. You must have been very good this year.
Happy Easter!
Love, Gram

Lauren in GA said...

Glad your dad got his just desserts for duping you like that. Ha...his, "just desserts" came as no dessert in an Easter basket!

I slay myself.