Friday, March 5, 2010

Staying COSI when it's cold out...

Adventures have been hard to come by in the past few weeks. But last Saturday, our hands were forced as our COSI memberships expired. Wanting to visit the museum one last time, we dragged our parents along. They complained about having to pay for parking, but that's parents for you. They can never see the pizza through the anchovies. My brother, JC, drove in an attempt to make it easier for them. Here you can see him impatiently wait for my momma to jump in our ambulance.



My brother was so eager to get there that he drove very fast. Well-known to everyone over the age of 20 or so is the law of 88 mph. Don't drive faster than that or you might undergo time travel. My brother was too young to remember the lesson given by Marty McFly and so in a flash we had traveled back in time. We explored the 1890s version of Columbus but soon became hungry. Get this - the grocer didn't take credit cards. We only had enough cash for some fresh vegetables and fruit. Here you can see what I selected for lunch.


JC selected an apple and a potato for his lunch. My dad doesn't look happy because JC's purchase only left us with enough for my mom and dad to split a scallion!


After stocking up at the grocer, we attempted to get back to the future. After hitting 88 mph again we ended up in the future. Just not far enough. Once again we spent some time exploring 1950s Columbus. My brother and I tried our hands at hula hoops.



After a while, we became hungry again. The local diner still didn't accept credit cards. We drew straws and I got the short one. After many hours of working the counter to earn our dinner money, I look a bit frazzled...


With our bellies full, we tried once more to get back to the future. Success! Back in the present day we headed to the museum for one last hurrah. Here my brother poses in front of his favorite area at the museum while promising never to drive that fast again.



And here I am posing in my favorite part, Poseidon's World. Always a jokester you can see I came prepared so I wouldn't get wet.



Thank you to Grandma N & Grandpa C for the yearlong gift that kept giving!

6 comments:

Katie and Robert said...

Good thinking on the umbrella, M! Last time we got soaked! Looks like you guys had a great time!

Jack said...

Sad-the end of an era. What a great gift. And thankfully, they are ending at a time when the sunshine is actually almost coming out (sort of, kind of sometime soon).

Anonymous said...

OH so sad there are no more trips to COSI. Maybe we can go back in time to when you had the membership? Little J take the wheel, where we are going we don't need roads. I am feeling frazzled as well, let's go into the stairwell and toss some books around!
LOVE,
AUNT JU-LA

Anonymous said...

So much fun! We will all miss COSI. Hope you didn't see any germs.(!) Uncle Bob is so fragile.
Love, Gram

Lauren in GA said...

That was a great gift, indeed. I loved your clever title, M.

Glad you got to go one last time...even though your parents complained about parking.

Trina said...

That place looks great! how fun!