Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Visit from Grandpa J

Not too long ago, Grandpa J came to visit us. The entire time he tried to convince me that he had two sets of eyes, one of which he hid under his sunglasses all the time. I don't believe him. My sister, M, looked fooled.



Our story, however, focuses on the night that Grandpa J left. Sleeping fitfully from missing Grandpa J, I heard some strange noises coming from downstairs in the kitchen. Crawling silently, I grabbed the camera ready to surprise and catch the midnight snacker in the dark. I fully expected to catch my dad in the midst of sleep-eating (sleepwalking + eating), a condition so far only known to affect him. Lo and behold! My sister M, however, was there instead eating what appeared to be fruity pebbles!
What?! After recovering from the shock of seeing my sister and not my dad, I approached my sister and found not fruity pebbles but...chilled vegetables? I said somewhat incredulously, "You snuck out of your crib, opened the refrigerator, removed the vegetables, removed the Tupperware top, and found some silverware to eat cold vegetables at 2 in the morning?"
Yes...yes she did. And she did not go back to bed until they were gone.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Apparently eating cold vegetables is a genetic trait, passed down from generation to generation...

Love, Aunt Ju-Laaaa

J.R. and Meg +3 said...

M's face is so sweet looking up smiling at her grandpa J--looks like it was a happy visit. Alyssa loves cold vegetables straight from the freezer. Must be the summer heat for these girls.

Sarah Walton said...

wow, at 2 a.m.? not even chocolate ice cream sounds good to me at that time of night! Those must have been some really good veggies!!

Lauren in GA said...

Wow! M! I am impressed with the veggie intake!

I love the picture of Grandpa J with M and JC.

Anonymous said...

Oh, Grandpa J! I hope you protected those glasses from M's little hands. What a cute picture.
Grandma C in VA

Jaime said...

Sleep--when can our love affair begin again? My fear is never...

Amy said...

please tell me how in the heck you think to pick up the camera at 2am