Thursday, August 7, 2008

A Fair to Remember

Top of the morning to you chappies! Lately, I've been going through a three month phase where I like to eat every couple of hours. Sometimes regular baby food and sometimes not regular baby food as seen below.


I think my new phase has been brought on by my environment. Notice that I'm receiving liminal (they are not subliminal because they are written in an obvious fashion) messages from my sister's outerwear.



Knowing that I will never be successful in life if fully 50% of my wakeful hours are spent eating, I decided to seek help in ending my food obsession. After telling my older sister of my goals she decided to help me out. She said that taking me to the fair would be the best way to help me forget about food for longer than 3 hours. Here she took me to a racetrack at the Ohio State Fair. Racing! The perfect antidote!
Crikey! It was a pig race! Not the way to keep my mind off of food. Snoop Hoggy Hog beat out Britney Spare-Ribs to take the checkered flag. Mmm...spare ribs.
Next, my unaware mother purchased a funnel cake and proceeded to eat it right in front of me. The sky was thick with powdered sugar as she blew on the cake to cool it down. My sister, knowing my plight, ponders what she can do to help the situation.

"A-ha!" she thought. No food is ever allowed in the art museum. She told my dad that she wanted to see some artsy sculptures in order to become more cultured. My dad's version of cultured art, however, involved a gigantic butter sculpture of the eight US presidents who hailed from Ohio. Dad sure is urbane.

Well, the fair might not be the best place to keep your mind off of food. I am still obsessed and eating every 2.5 to 3 hours during the day despite my sister's best efforts. But my boundless optimism does not permit me to end my post in a negative fashion. Therefore, I include a fun quiz for the readers. Although I include this picture mainly for Uncle R, who has just accepted an assistant professor job in American History (Congrats!), anyone can try and guess the identity of three presidents facing the camera.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I must beg to differ with the claim that eight Presidents were from Ohio. William Henry Harrison was born in VA. Ohio can lay claim to only 7: Grant, B. Harrison, McKinley, Taft, Harding, Garfield, Hayes. Virginia known as Mother of Presidents was the birthplace of 8 US Presidents: Washington, Jefferson, Madison, Monroe,Wm Harrison, Tyler, Taylor, Wilson. Nice try, Ohio! Butter luck next time!

Lauren in GA said...

Mmmmmmmmmm, pigs, funnel cakes and butter....Mmmmmmmmmmm...

I don't know history...but, I like butter...

JC and M are so cute!

I am off ot gnaw on a stick of butter.

Anonymous said...

wow, that was a fantastic post, I learned so much about pigs and butter and presidents. Little J you are quite the talker.

Love,
Aunt Ju-La