Tuesday, January 15, 2008

I'm pretty sure I deserve this....

Many years before I was born, my parents bought a house in Ohio with an unfinished basement.

Slowly, the walls went up along with the electrical work and plumbing.

Next was the drywall---I was around for that.
Then mudding and painting...
And, finally, with the carpet installation today, it was done...
Everyone keeps congratulating us on our soon-to-be new addition to the family. Who knew that people could get so excited about a room??? Then they ask if it's a boy or a girl. My parents say boy. But, seriously, do rooms have a gender and does it look like I care that it's a boy room?
My momma certainly doesn't care and has been walking around looking like this for most of the day! She says she's thinking of naming the room Maurice!
Oh, by the way, you'll notice that no photos of the finished basement were added. That's because I'm saving it for those lucky enough to visit. All I'll say is that it involves lots of Italian Marble that we found at Big Lots and something that rhymes with Duh-Cuzzi.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

The new "addition" looks awesome! Especially the tangerine colored carpet, M looks like she is enjoying it. Congrats!

Love,
Aunt J

Lauren in GA said...

Such a clever post! The basement is exciting and quite a feat! Great job to the construction crew (J and B). I'll bet you will even be more excited M, when you figure out what new addition everyone is really talking about.

M, I love the picture of your mommy! She looks beautiful! Working on the new addition agrees with her! (Even though she hasn't been feeling all that well.) Will you tell her I said she looks beautiful?

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my site, it is about the CresceNet, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://www.provedorcrescenet.com . A hug.

Heather said...

can't believe it's finally done. BIG congrats guys, can't wait to see it!

Denise said...

Good work guys! It looks great. And, for a minute there I thought you really were announcing a new baby! :)

Jaime said...

Maurice does sound like a pretty crappy name for a...room. But I guess it's better than Jethro.

J.R. and Meg +3 said...

Looks fabulous! Don't worry, I am sure we can help break it in!!

Anonymous said...

John: I love your posts. you are way too clever and funny! And I really think we should get a photo in case we can't get up there to look for a few weeks....
congratulations on getting that headache out of the way. L

Cara said...

The basement looks good and congrats again about having baby #2 on the way. I don't know if I've posted on your blog before...but I love your blog- it always cracks me up.