Sunday, October 14, 2007

Columbus Day Weekend

My grandma and aunt from Virginia came to visit because they heard I could now walk. Also they were eager to spend Columbus Day at the spot Columbus landed on in 1492 -- Columbus, Ohio (or so my dad tells me anyway)! We all decided to go to COSI - a science museum to pass our Saturday.


Given that my Aunt S from Cedar City broke our camera on our last trip, we were without a photographical implement other than my grandma's camera. Using her camera we were able to capture some events which showed that I know how to do a lot more than just walk...like use power tools!

Or do dishes in the sink...
Or operate light switches....
Or use wheelbarrows...(Those fine legs in the background are none other than my Dad's! He got a lot of stares---I think people were jealous.)
In this shot below you can see my mom straining some vegatables for my lunch in the cafeteria portion of COSI.

COSI also provided comfortable beds for after lunch naps....

After all that showing off though, I needed to go home and have a snack...

And take a bath...

We sure had a super time and are very thankful for the use of someone else's camera---Thanks for visiting me Grandma K and Aunt J!

2 comments:

Jaime said...

that second picture makes her look super old...and the lighting in the building gives the photos a yellowy look--and all the pics look so much like Britt. Trippy!

summergurl1836 said...

first - ok seriously though...we just talked about this. YOU broke your camera... I DIDN'T. i didn't even visit you there...wrong sister/aunt sorry britt
second - it's funny that jaime/jack says that because the yellow totally looks like britty's pictures...at least maya doesn't look asian...she actually looks like she belongs in our family ;)