Friday, March 2, 2012

M and Her Father

My beautiful momma, forwent her trip to Belize this month in lieu of a trip to a place even more exotic - Virginia!  My dad and I stuck around the LOE making sure it stayed enchanted while she, JC, and SM visited the EST.  The first thing we did was to visit the Big Rock Bowling Center.  It was my first experience at a real bowling alley.  Here I am trying to catch a spare!

It was President's day at 10 AM.  We had the place to ourselves, which was a good thing - few people can project such disappointment in themselves during their first go-around with something like I can.  I missed the spare and the shoe guy definitely heard about it!

I won both games.  My dad bowled left handed while trying to spin the ball.  Or so he says...(he also thinks he can sing...)

We spent the rest of the week reading Mary Poppins.  Guess what!  She was terribly grouchy in her literary version.  Julie Andrews did some good work.  On Saturday we went to hike Tsankawi.  We got to use our free National Park Pass that was set to expire soon.  Gram purchased it for us last year when she came to see her new grandbaby, SM.  Now she's with SM, and we are hiking!  Trees take a long time to grow here.  This one we saw early in the hike is ten years old!

We kept climbing higher and higher (Jackie Wilson reference).  Soon we made it to the top of a mesa where the Tsankawi Pueblo had been.  We could see more than seventy miles in all directions except to the west.  It was wonderful.  Here is M enjoying the view...
Later that day we saw a live performance of Mulan that left us both atwitter (seriously check out our accounts!) with praise.  It was a great week with my dad.  My beautiful momma, thanks to this post, now knows what she's missing!

1 comment:

Lauren in GA said...

Such a lovely week you and your Dad shared!!

Your dad is a funny guy, M.

Don't worry...I have to bowl with bumpers...I pretend it is for my kids...but just between us...I need them.