Sunday, February 6, 2011

S's first day!

My first day began at 1:36 AM, about an hour after this shot.  Doesn't my momma look wonderful, all things considered?


I was awake for about an hour and a half before I took my first nap - and these pictures show what happened.  Here I am a few minutes after birth.  My mom was so excited to see me that she cried big tears of joy!


They weighed me in at 8.41 lbs and 19" long...and two weeks early.  My mom is happy that I came when I did!  The nurses could not believe my size, full-term babies usually top out at 7 lbs here at the highest altitude hospital in the country!


Then I got my first bath.  This might be the last time I don't cry when I have my hair washed!

Here is my hair color.  It's a blond-brown like my dad.  Unlike my dad, it's wavy!

My eyes opened for a few minutes today, but no camera could catch their blueness.  Here I am at 3 AM getting ready for bed - my dad's first good night kiss!

9 comments:

Nita said...

Love seeing all the pictures of her and reading about all of her first things. She is just adorable. I can't wait to hold her and give her lots of loves! Great job, John, getting this post done so quickly when I'm sure you are pooped!

Love,
Grandma Nita

Lauren in GA said...

That picture of Momma and baby totally made me cry. Congratulations to all of the Atomic Hokies!!

Anonymous said...

B you look great!
Love, Gram

Amy said...

Congratulations! She is beautiful!

Anonymous said...

Baby Mama, I am so happy for you! She is so perfect!

Love, Aunt Ju-lA

amyh said...

Awww! Congratulations everyone :)

B&U+2 said...

Congratulations! She is just perfect, glad all is well with both mom and baby.

Katie and Robert said...

Can't wait to see you all tomorrow!!! LOVE YOU!

Bryan and Ellie said...

What a beautiful, beautiful little girl! Congratulations!!! I hope I get to come visit her this summer!