Friday, August 13, 2010

Ohio State Fair O-Ten

Hullo there from the Ohio State Fair!  Here we are pictured with the wrong end of a cow!  No worries - it's a butter cow.  The glass is to protect those who are lactose intolerant.


I, M, was ecstatic to ride the rides.  However, I was only 41.5", a half inch too short to ride alone.  Luckily my dad was there.  Together we averaged out to a height that allowed us to ride the Helicopter Spin-o-rama!


What a dull ride!  It did not go up.  It did not go down.  Midway through I asked my dad why we wore seat belts.  He said he did not know.  Time for something more exciting....like the Crazy Plane!


Heights were in vogue, but I wanted something more exciting.  Perhaps some water bumper boats?  Being the only aggressive driver lead to a lot of dirty looks from other parents....so I flashed them this grin!


Finally, I decided to go for it.  We hopped on a roller coaster!  Wee-haa!  I had my arms up the whole way---and to top it off, the rain had just started so we got to ride it twice without stopping as the employees rushed to save their speaker system.  No pictures, of course because my dad was screaming and grabbing the hand holds.  He wore his yellow VCU shirt, so at least he did not falsely advertise!  In related news, I'm looking for a roller coaster riding partner!

2 comments:

Lauren in GA said...

M, you know how to have a good time.

Anonymous said...

M, I'll sign up to be your roller coaster partner!
Gram